cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

iPad mail issues

I used to send my mail using mail on my IPad. But now it says email address or password not working ?

i have deleted it and reset it and as yet still have the same issues,  I have down loaded the bit mail app but its such a pain when trying to email someone from a website with a simple tap on that sites email tab

I am unsure why there is 2 passwords one for the incoming mail and the out going mail?

such a pain in the bottom.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: iPad mail issues

When you change your BT email password on an iPhone/iPad/Apple device it may only change for INCOMING mail.

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Passwords & Accounts or on older devices Mail, Contacts, Calendars. From there select the BT email account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming server there, the outgoing mail server only shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com You have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it.

When setting up the email account on your device you are best to set it up manually, using "other" and ensure that you are using the correct settings as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

If the above does not work you should stop your devices from checking for email. The easiest way of doing that is to turn them off if you still have the account on your device or add a couple of characters to the email address so that it is not checking your account. If you have deleted the account and it is no longer on your device do not try and add it at this time.

Once you have done that, change your email password and check that you can access your email via webmail (on a browser).

If that works you should wait at least an hour and then add the new password to your device and again check it works. If it does then move onto the next device if you have one.

When entering the settings, make sure that in the Outgoing server you do not use the "use same as incoming" for the email address and password. Enter them manually.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Cheers

all sorted and up and running, so much for apple support or but help.

cheers

bob.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Was it the above info that helped or was it something else?

0 Ratings