cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: "keep signed in" vanished from email log in

Go to solution

"Why do people not use a client?"

Because it's very convenient to have access to your email via a tab in your browser, rather than having to pull up a separate program. Having said that, this debacle of having to mess about with the clunky BT login all the time, i am now having a go with the Thunderbird email client once more - simply because that at least logs itself in automatically - BT have not broken that yet.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Why not register for an email address for one of the independent providers (such as Microsoft Outlook or Google Gmail)?

You can forward you emails from any other addresses as they arrive, and still use your browser to access them. If you decide to change from BT to EE (or someone else) then you would still get them (as BT email basic). And you can stay signed in to these.

It might be good to migrate over and then you wouldn't depend on a supplier who might change. My main email address is not BT Email, but I do get a few odd things from there. I have a Gmail address that I don't use for mail but, again, I might get odd things there too. They both forward to the main one.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@stevie22b wow, it is so inconvenient to click on a minimised icon on the taskbar rather than a browser tab.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Yes, having to get used to a client that i have not used in years is a pain. And setting up redirects to another webmail provider is also a pain. And strange how those other web based email providers are not frustrating their clients like BT are. And we don't have to pay those other providers a thing. But I do pay BT £60 a month - you would have thought a little of that £60 would go towards making for an easier email experience.

If anything, this login debacle is going to hurt security, because people are bound to start looking for browser add-ons that will automatically log in to their email for them - add-ons that may well be from 3rd party developers - what could possibly go wrong? If the 'Keep Me Logged In' feature was such a security risk - why have BT waited all of these years to kindly remove it for us? Why no warnings on the login page warning us that ticking the 'Keep Me Logged In' box could pose a security risk to your account? For your average home PC i think the risk is minimal - fair enough if your on a mobile device that could be using a shared network. This is probably where the real reason lays - combining all device together, be they home pc's or mobile devices - treat them all as one - much easier for BT, just sucks for the pc user.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Setting up forwarding of emails is very easy (and only has to be done once).

Sign on the BT email and go into Settings.

Under Email select Auto Forward - put in the email address to send to, select Keep copy in Inbox (if you wish) and then Save.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

What is ironic is that this forum still has the option to tick a box to keep signed in!!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

@J007 wrote:

What is ironic is that this forum still has the option to tick a box to keep signed in!!

What is ironic about that, what information could a hacker gain from getting into this forum that they could not get by just signing up with a free email address?