cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

spell checker

Go to solution

I am using Microsoft Office 365 after installation BT Mail was using the spell checker in office and it worked well, but it has disappeared any ideas how to find it again. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: spell checker

Go to solution

Why are you asking about a Microsoft Office problem on a BT forum?  Would you not be better asking Microsoft?

BT mail doesn't have a spell checking function, it relies on the client or web browser.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @David250,

Thank you for posting. If you take a look at Check spelling and grammar in Office you'll find the steps you need to follow to turn on the Spell Checker in Microsoft Office 365.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I have checked all of the office spell checker and it is set up correctly. I have also use chrome so I checked spell checker is turned on. It was working perfectly until recently when I started having problems with mail which has not yet be resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for replying I have checked all the checking's  on Microsoft Office 635 and it appears to all correct and works on other applications.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@David250  - I haven't got any Office 365 items. Are you absolutely certain that it was Office performing the spell-checking while you were using Chrome?

Given Chrome and Office are two quite different offerings, could it have been Chrome that was spell checking and has since been turned off, either inadvertently or through a release/update?

Just a suggestion.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

You have said " I started having problems with mail which has not yet be resolved".  

What are the problems that you are having?

How do you access your BTMail account. Is it with an email client/app and if so which one or is it with a web browser and if so which one?

Does the spell checker in Chrome work on other web sites?

Have you tried a different web browser?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

The problem I am having with Mail is when I delete a Message it takes 3 day to before I can access it in the trash so if I want to retrieve a message deleted in error I have to wait 3 day before I can retrieve it from the trash. It was when I was trying to resolve this that spell checker stopped working, 

I access BTMail using Chrome. I have checked Chrome settings and the spell checker is activated.

I have tried using Safari but have the same results.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

You have said "The problem I am having with Mail ....."  When you say "Mail" are you referring to BTMail on a browser or some other Mail client/app? 

When you say you tried to resolve that, what exactly did you do to try and resolve it?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for replying I am referring to BTmail using Google Chrome. T trawled all of the BT help Pages and did not find any answer that helped. 

0 Ratings