cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

unable to log out and log back in as other user

the heading says it all. Laptop and iphone, I want to log in to another bt email account and even though i sign out when i go back to the log in page it takes me back the last email account i was logged into. I now presently have no access to my other email accounts. btw this is done through a broswers on laptop and safari on iphone. what do i need to do please?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: unable to log out and log back in as other user

Have you tried clearing the web browsers history and cookies?

Are you using the direct email log on page

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

I haven’t tried the cookies and history as yet. I’m still getting over having to do that because of the multiple other problems this new email system has introduced, but it’s a good idea, in that every problem associated with Bt email at present starts off with that suggestion. I am trying to log in / out via the Bt web site in browser on the iPhone and windows pc

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

If you used a mail client/app on your laptop and iPhone, you wouldn't have to keep logging in and out to change account, they would all be together on the one screen.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Thank you for that, without going into the details I want to carry on using the mail system in the way I previously did. It can’t be that hard to log out of email system and then use different log in details to log in under a different email / login?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Why are you using browser on the iPhone to access your email?

It is far easier and better to use the iPhone's email app that comes pre installed on the iPhone. If you do that and set it up as an IMAP account it will synchronise with the BT servers.

This means that anything you do with your email on the iPhone will be replicated when you use your web browser (webmail) to access your email on the laptop although I have to agree with @licquorice that using an email client such as Thunderbird or Bluemail on you laptop would give you a far better experience than trying to use webmail. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Do you have the "Keep me logged in" box ticked on your browser.

If you do untick it and then try logging out.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

I can't imagine why anyone would use a web browser for email on an iPhone, but hey ho each to his own.

Message 9 of 18

Thank you for that. I don’t get to see the login page to deselect/select the keep me signed in page. I log out and then attempt to go to the login page but it automatically takes me back into the email account inbox

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Try this link

BTMail 

If that does not work clear the history and cookies from your browser. That should hopefully log you out of the email account.

0 Ratings