Message 1 of 11

1571 tone

Go to solution

When I pick up the phone, there is a 1571 tone. I dial 1571 but it doesn't connect, the tone just keeps going. I can't get rid of it. This problem has happened twice since the line was made digital. The first time the tone went after a couple of days. This time it's hasn't.

I dialled the phone using my mobile and left a message in case that would kick start something but the problem is the same.

Any advice gratefully received!!

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: 1571 tone

Go to solution

Hi @Smpmap thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your 1571 messages. When you dial 1571 do you hear an error message and if so what is it?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Neil. No, no message at all, just the 1571 tone. When I try dialling 1571 the tone just continues, it doesn't connect at all 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @Smpmap 

Do you have this problem on all handsets? Are you having any problems with other numbers?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks. Yes on all handsets. Don't quite know what you mean about other numbers. I can't use the phones at all because of the 1571 tone whichever number I try to dial.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Smpmap 

Are you able to try another handset?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I have 3 handsets for this "landline" number. The error is on all three.

When I phone the number using my mobile it rings as normal and I can leave a message but it doesn't make any difference to the fault. The 1571 tone is still there whatever number I try to dial out from - 1571, or any other number.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for checking that @Smpmap 

We'll need to take a closer look at this so check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I don't want to give this information but thanks for trying to help me.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Smpmap 

@DavidM  Is a BT Employee, and if you reply to his private message, nobody on this forum can see it only goes to BT.

Without this information, he will not be able to help.