Message 1 of 17

BT8600

My BT8600 has recently decided not to recognise my mobile number which is in the Book mark section and the VIP section. Whenever I call on my hands free from the card to my home number it asks me to announce myself and then pass the hash key. Something I cannot do whilst driving. I have tried phoning the help desk number of 0800 145 6789 which hasn't solved the problem. They have merely put me on Call Protect.  Can anyone provide me with a fix to this problem

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT8600

@wonderr 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Can you check that you can still see incoming call numbers showing on the phone display, when you receive a call, as its possible  that caller display is not working on your line?

Are you a BT customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Have you tried calling the landline when at home, so you can observe what the 8600 is reporting? First guess would be that your mobile has stopped sending CLI & so is being treated as a withheld number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Sadly no. I have just had two family members call from different parts of the county, one on land line and one on mobile. Both of these numbers are in the Book and VIP list and not numbers showing and they had to announce themselves and I had to pass 1. Would the fact I renewed my BT Contract before it ran out and I was urged to switched to EE have anything to do with this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@wonderr 

It appears that Caller Display has been removed from your line.

I assume you are now with EE and not BT?

Please check to see if Caller Display is switched on by entering the
code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will
be displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

No, I am still with BT, it took some persuasion not to go onto EE but being in a rural location with poor wifi /mobile signals I am happy with BT 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

So you must now be on BT Digital voice.

Caller Display is not enabled by default, you have to log into MyBT and there is supposed to be a section to manage BT Digital Voice. You can enable Caller Display there.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

I have just phoned as you suggested the message my mobile said was that I had to announce myself and press the# key, which I did and it screen on the landline stated 'Announced Call' and the recording asked me to press 1 to accept.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

You'll need to temporarily turn off blocking in order to see how your mobile number is presented to the 8600.

I'm assuming that as you haven't said otherwise, that other contacts get straight through?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@rbz5416 

@wonderr  said

"Sadly no. I have just had two family members call from different parts of the county, one on land line and one on mobile. Both of these numbers are in the Book and VIP list and not numbers showing and they had to announce themselves and I had to pass 1"

So Caller Display is not active.

@wonderr I assume the phone base unit is plugged into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings