cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

84 years old disabled Mother with Dementia has been left without a Landline for 9 days

My poor elderly disabled Mother who also has Dementia  and lives on her own has been left without a phone line for 9 days & counting so far 

I reported this to BT over 8 days ago- having gone around in circles as each time I have tried ‘calling them’ the AI associates my mobile number with my own home number! 
apparently there has been a ‘major outage’ in the area - and they initially said fix will be in 5 days !!! To leave someone who’s only life line is her home phone is outrageous! I live miles away and she is completely dependent on her phone which also helps her to have her shopping and carers. BT have been completely negligent and my only way of ‘checking f the status’ is to go on line . Timeline for fix has moved each time & 9 days later it’s still not fixed! She has no food nor ability to get carers come in. 
please help as I am going beside myself . 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: 84 years old disabled Mother with Dementia has been left without a Landline for 9 days

if there is a major outage in your mother's area affecting many other people there is not a lot anyone can do until outage fixed.  do you know if all neighbours lost connection as well?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: 84 years old disabled Mother with Dementia has been left without a Landline for 9 days

Hi there @Goingincircles33 

I am very sorry your Mum is without a landline at the moment due to an outage and understand how important having this working is for her. 

I have sent you a private message to get some information. Could you have a look and get back to me please?

Speak to you soon. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

I k ow of only 1 other person  in her area who was affected- however he has since been reconnected a few days ago as he was with SKY!! 
it’s not having any updates from BT nor the ability to actually speak to anyone which is even more frustrating! 
as BT are now part of EE I am astounded they have not even come up with a temporary fix solution of providing her with a mobile so that at least she is able to reach out to the Carers etc 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi Leanne 

I have tried to respond via your private message however it bounced back due to ‘invalids HTML’

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Goingincircles33 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Could you try replying on the community in a new web page, you can find the private message here. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Leanne I have already escalated the matter to no avail!

Escalation :

VOL013-888196571978

Fault reference number : VOL055-7027156939535,
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I see, thanks @Goingincircles33 

Could you please reply to my private message with the details requested and I will certainly get the team to take a look at the open complaint. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I have provided you with the reference numbers and if you are with BT they should be sufficient to look the matter up 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi @Goingincircles33 

I am part of the BT Community team and work for BT, however I have no account access and will email the complaints team to get this picked up. 

I will need the registered details and also a contact number. If you could please send these to me I will get the team to help you further. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings