cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Account ownership change + PoA registration

Go to solution

Hi there,

I've been looking after my Gran' affairs for about a year now under Power of Attourney, and I think that the BT account is the last thing that I need to get sorted as it's still in my Grandfather's name.

My Grandfather passed away before I was born (quite some time ago), and my Gran just kept paying the bill rather than getting it sorted. Due to her age, she has a community alarm installed and uses her broadband to keep in touch with the family using Alexa - so we don't want any issues with the line going down, etc.

Can we get this resolved without involving my Gran who's pretty hard of hearing? I should be able to locate the death certificate if required, and would appreciate any postal correspondance regarding this change coming to my address. I did manage to create an online account (I use it to pay bills), but I can't access anything other than billing as I didn't realise calls would be made to my Gran's number when I created the account.

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Account ownership change + PoA registration

Go to solution

I think the best way forward rather than using CS is to get the forum mods involved and they will be able to help you through especially as you have POA.  the mods will post here

does your Gran qualify here?

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, @colin_shorts_elma I'm sure we'll be able to help get things switched over to your Gran but we will need you to pass some security checks first. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @colin_shorts_elma

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this morning.

That's the account ownership sorted.  Thanks for providing the security info.  I have messaged you privately with the process to register for PoA.

As this is all sorted now I will go ahead and close things off from here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best,

Robbie

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for all your help here @RobbieMac @NeilO  and @imjolly . I'll get the PoA in the post tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, what's left of it at least 😁