cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Additional Free Digital Voice Adapters

Been switched over to Digital voice this morning and the single Digital Voice adapter supplied works with one phone but the other three phones we have plugged in around the house are now rendered useless therefore I need an additional 3 free adapters or compensation for the cost of replacing those. As BT have now gone the final mile to ensure that customers cannot communicate with them other than by joining a day long phone Q, how can this be achieved, or is it time to move elsewhere?

Edit: After wasting more than an hour going round in circles trying to contact BT I found that I could request a call back by texting our number after 'phone' to the number designated. Got a response saying someone would be in touch within 15 minutes then about 5 minutes later another text from a BT 'bot' which announced that they couldn't link an account to the information provided (ie our home phone number)! Is BT the very worst out there? Answers, on a postcard please, to ........ 🙂

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Additional Free Digital Voice Adapters

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi @JimB1   Move elsewhere and you will find that they don’t supply any adapter. Just the socket on the Router.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

@JimB1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I assume the other phones are plugged into extension sockets?

If you read the FAQ, you will see its possible to connect either the socket on the home hub, or the existing DV adapter, to the extension wiring, at a convenient point.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Yes, but any alternative service might be cheaper although in this day and age the thought of actually communicating with anyone seems to be seems to be a triumph of hope over experience.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

I already have a Panasonic DECT set plugged into the single adapter provided.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

I already have a Panasonic DECT set plugged into the single adapter provided.

Then where are the other phones that do not work, as the Panasonic base unit will deal with DECT phones?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

They're plugged into sockets around the house as already mentioned. If the next question is 'why do we need so many phones?' the answer is that it's our choice (and expense) to have as many as we want and BT have unilaterally rendered them unuseable.
Message 9 of 21

Then connect the extension wiring to the socket on the back of the home hub, or use a phone splitter on the DV adapter to connect the extension wiring and the DECT base unit.

Remember, this is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers trying to help.

If you are not happy with the suggestions provided, then you will have to raise the issue with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

I doubt BT will supply more than 1 adapter free as you pointed out it is your choice to have so many phone connected about your house

you can however follow this previous post which explains how to re-activate your existing sockets

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-Digital-Voice...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings