cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Advanced Digital Home Phones

Go to solution

We have had FTTP for about 4 years for broadband but were only switched to Digital Voice a few weeks ago. 

I installed the new hub and after switchover, I used the free BT Digital Adapter to connect the base unit for our old phones and this worked well.  I bought two new Advanced Digital Home phones and registered them and everything worked perfectly.

Since up to 5 handsets can be connected to the hub, I decided to replace our old phones and bought three more Advanced Digital Home phones.  The first two registered but the third one displays "Registration failed. Max handsets registered".

There are only 4 handsets registered, so I suspect it is the digital adapter that is registered.  I have unplugged it but still can't register the 5th phone.  If that is the problem, how do I unregister the digital adapter?  If not, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Advanced Digital Home Phones

Go to solution

If you go to hub manager then select your phone number can you now see the adapter registered along with the 4 phones?  If so you should be able to deregister the adapter.  If that does not work then in same place you can reset the base station.  You would now have to re-register the phones.  Obviously that means adapter will not work and you would need to connect old existing base unit to phone socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Advanced Digital Home Phones

Go to solution
Sorry. Just found how to do it. Under Phone on the hub there are deregister buttons for the registered devices. I deregistered the adapter and was able to register the fifth phone.
Mike
0 Ratings