cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Alexa Digital Voice Handset: Update Failed

Go to solution

I have one of the BT Advanced Digital Home Phones with Alexa and every couple of weeks the display says it has failed to complete a software update.

I have checked if a software update is available manually and it tells me there isn't one. Is anyone else having the same issue or know what the latest firmware should be?

My current firmware is: X65_BT_H31044

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Alexa Digital Voice Handset: Update Failed

Go to solution

Hi, @stereohaven thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're getting an update failed message. If it fails or says the software is already up to date after a manual update try updating it twice more.

If an update doesn't start after two more attempts, the recommendation is to deregister and then register the handset with the Smart Hub.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven   Mine says X65_BT_H31044 - "Software up to date".

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks both, I’ll see if it happens again and then will try your recommendation @NeilO , as I did deregister and re-register the handset a few weeks back due to receiving a new Smart Hub.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@stereohaven if it doesn't update after the re-registering then you can ignore the update failed message as it means the handsets are up to date.

Neil