cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT 4000 Caller Display?

Go to solution

Does the BT 4000 cordless phone have the Caller Display function?

My telephone provider is Plusnet and I pay a subscription for Caller Display, but when the phone rings it shows No Number on the display. When I dial 1471 it gives the phone number that called so why isn't that number shown on the display?

TIA.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT 4000 Caller Display?

Go to solution

@Bassman23

Ask on the Plusnet forum. This is the BT Retail Forum.

https://community.plus.net/

Probably a fault on the Plusnet exchange equipment.

The phone does have caller display.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Okay, thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

BT 4000 Caller Display.

Go to solution

Does the BT 4000 cordless phone have a setting for Caller Display? 

I pay Plusnet a subscription for the service. When someone phones, No Number shows on the display but when I dial 1471 later, it reads out the phone number.

Plusnet tell me there's no fault on the line, and my phone in another room does show the callers number. How do I get the BT 4000 to show callers numbers? Can't find anything in the settings relating to this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Re: BT 4000 Caller Display.

Go to solution

Please don't start multiple threads for the same issue.

P.21 of the manual confirms that the BT400 supports caller display. I can't see how it would make a difference but have you tried this phone in the socket where the other one works? If it still doesn't work there I can only suggest a full reset of handset & base as per P.43

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. I'll try that when I get home. I've contacted Plusnet and they confirm there are no faults on the line.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Bassman23 A caller display issue is not normally detected by running a test on the line as the line will show no faults. Plusnet may need to raise a fault to the exchange for that to be checked. Have you tried the Plusnet community for assistance with this?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I asked on this BT forum because it regards the BT 4000 phone

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks. 

I disconnected the phone and connected it to the line in another room, where caller display does work on a different phone. The BT 4000 caller display did work on that line and when I connected it back in the original room, caller display works there now, so disconnecting it and connecting it again has solved the problem! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Bassman23 

Although its a BT Branded product, support is provided by a product helpdesk, irrespective of which provider people use.

You also need top be aware that Plusnet will no longer be providing phone connections, owing to the closure of the PSTN network. https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/changes-to-broadband-and-phone-faqs/

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

0 Ratings