cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Free landline phones

How do you get the Digital Voice phones?

When I was joining BT I was told I could get one as I had broadband and a landline set up, I wasn't sure if my parents would want the phone as they were pensioners but I was told that I could choose on the day everything was installed.

When the engineer came and I asked he said all he did was fit whatever was in the box and the digital voice phones were not in the box.

Do I need to contact BT somehow and ask for them and pay the postage again?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Free landline phones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@MarcProudlove 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

BT no longer issue free phones. All you need to do is to plug your existing phone into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

BT will supply a free Digital Voice Adapter, and will issue you with a voucher code which you use at the checkout on the EE store.

The Digital Voice Adapter allows you to plug in your existing phone, if its not possible to plug it into the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the reply

I already bought an extension cable and plugged in my old existing landline, I was just wondering what happened to the one the salesman had mentioned was.

If they are no longer free though it makes sense that I didn't get it, although I'm not sure why he said I could decide on the day the engineer came if I wanted one or not.

Although the same guy also said I could not keep my old Virgin landline number, but didn't mention that I could if I had cancelled Virgin first instead of waiting for BT to install their service before cancelling.

Thats on me though, I should have thought about cancelling Virgin to "free" the number I suppose.

0 Ratings