cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Advanced Digital Phone and "Check Battery"

Hi all,

I am on Digital voice (migrated a bit under a year ago) and replaced our old DECT phones with 3 Advanced phones.  All was well until about 3 months ago when one of them (in the bedroom!) lit up in the middle of the night (!) with a "check battery" message.  I replaced the AAA batteries with new rechargeables,  and now the handset has done the same.  It also seems to come up with "synchronising handset data".  

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the fix? (I guess it may be check warranty and get replaced...)

Many thanks

Larry

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Advanced Digital Phone and "Check Battery"

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Synchronising Data is probably expected, as contacts are stored on the SH2.

I'd try swapping the batteries from an unaffected handset & also swapping to another charging station.

I'm guessing the one in the bedroom doesn't get a lot of use? The charging circuits in BT phones are pretty basic & if a handset is left on it's charging stand more or less continuously, it will kill the batteries. Eventually you get to a point where you answer a call on a little used handset & the battery will die after a few minutes. Best to either rotate them or fully discharge occasionally.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the response... 

I'm pretty clued up about battery maintenance, and carried out a full discharge/recharge cycle on the new batteries I put in.  The phone has been moved on to another base, but I still had the same Synching issue this morning and it doesn't happen with either of the two other handsets.  Pretty much every time you pick up the phone you get the synch warning before the handset can be used.   

I've also asked the BT Shop (where I bought the handsets) to comment

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Have you done a full reset of the phone and also un-pair from base then start as if new phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Not directly because of the phone, but  I had the SH2 replaced in November due to another fault, so the handsets were all reset then, but I will try it again

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Sounds like maybe a dodgy connection to the battery compartment then. Hopefully you won't have to jump through too many hoops to get it replaced.

Is one of them the free one you were entitled to when you moved to DV? If so it should be relatively straight forward to request a replacement. If you never had a free one, try requesting one.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I bought two additional handsets when I got the free phone, this is one of those... Still waiting for a response from BT Shop 

0 Ratings