cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Text activation query?

Hello ,

I have a problem which i hope someone can help with .

Basically i'm old and so not too familiar with new technology but i'm trying to learn and in a nutshell the issue is this -

I think i need to activate  something called BT Text as i'm getting more issues with online shopping  bank security checks wishing to send SMS or Text checks to my home landline phone .

Problem is i don't  do texts and have no mobile phone etc and my landline phone is just a standard old phone.

I understand BT Text can enable me to hear a text message with a security code etc but it says -

"Before you can use BT Text, you'll need to register. Just send a text message from your home line and this automatically registers you. You can either send a text to a friend or type register and send to 00000."

Well ...this seems like a catch 22 to me  - how can i send a text when i don't have a phone that receives /sends text messages ?

Is there some function to activate the Text service online or by calling someone ?

Can anyone please advise

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Text activation query?

Instructions to set up and use the service are here https://www.bt.com/help/landline/set-up-and-use-bt-text

I think the only way out of the catch22 situation is to see if you can borrow a text enabled phone from someone to set up the service. Many cordless phones have the capability.

0 Ratings