cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Voice Speed Dial issue

Go to solution

I have a new BT Voice Advanced Phone with Alexa.  

I put in the wrong numbers on speed dial & want to change them.  I've followed all instructions in the manual but they don't work.  I've reset the base, I've reset the handset & despite the handset having no numbers in the address book the Speed dial numbers are still there.  I've also deregistered Alexa.  Anyone able to advise how I can delete my Speed Dial numbers & start afresh?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Voice Speed Dial issue

Go to solution

the instructions say

1 Press then the right navigation button. 2 Scroll down to the entry you want to delete and press Options. 3 Scroll down to Remove and press Select. You'll get a message confirming you've deleted the speed dial entry.

from a previous post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-Speed-dial-error/td-p/2218024

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
"Scroll down to the entry you want to delete and press Options"

Options isn't an Option. I can't edit the (empty) contact there. I tried re-adding the contact, but still the same issue.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I believe the main contacts & speed dial entries are separate. Contacts are stored on the Hub & speed dial on the handset. Unfortunately there's no menu map in the manual, but have another look at the handset reset. There may be two options, one of which retains the numbers & another for a full reset.

If the speed dial numbers are also stored on the Hub then you'll need to factory reset that. But it will delete all contacts.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted.  It's a variation on the solution which should be detailed in manual.  Rather than starting by going into the Speeddial you go into the empty address book.  Then click right into speed dials, Options, remove etc.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

That appears to be what the manual says:

rbz5416_0-1677582266247.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Yes & No. "Scroll down to the speed dial entry you want to edit and press Options". My entries were empty. No entry to select. Either way sorted now.
0 Ratings