cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Home Phone

Go to solution

I have had an advanced digital voice phone (with alexa built in) for some years. Today, I find every time the phone rings, it is transferred to our other phone, while the advanced phone tries to 'synchronise handset data'. Touch any other control and it rings and turns off.  What is going on!! What can I do to fix this. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Home Phone

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @redls   I suspect you need new batteries, as you say you have had it for some years.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 131257.jpgDSC00729.JPG

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

You can prove this by temporarily swapping the batteries to ordinary alkaline ones, but do not put it on the charger base.

If the phone works with alkaline batteries, then it proves the rechargeable ones are no good, and need replacing.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hope that will work, but my hands are not strong enough to open the cover, will have to get my husband to do it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you everyone.  Husband had a struggle but managed to open the back. Changing the batteries seems to have worked... Hope it lasts! We have a reserve of rechargeable batteries, but might be an idea to top them up. I tend to forget rechargeable batteries doesn't mean they won't stop recharging effectively!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry gentlemen, spoke too soon. 

Just tried to make a phone call and getting same thing: 'searching for hub', followed by 'synchronising handset data' then the musical tones finally stop the power signal appears, then nothing!  Return phone to base and it starts synchronising data again.

Yet last night, I was able to go through other things on the phone, no issues.  Maybe the rechargeable batteries husband put in were not fully charged or too old as well? I bought new ones today, so will get husband to see if they do better. 

If the same problem still continues, what would be be the next step. Luckily the calls are still getting through to the other phones. Oddly they are also registering on the Digital phone after it settles if I check calls, before going haywire if I try to do anything else!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Its likely to take a while before the new batteries fully charge, assuming the charging base is working correctly.

If the phone was tested on normal alkaline batteries, and it worked properly, then its unlikely to be a fault on the phone, unless there is a charging problem when new batteries  are fitted.

0 Ratings