cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT landline SMS not working for me help needed !!

Yesterday I was receiving texts perfectly well.  In the evening nothing came through and when I dial text store it is always engaged.  BT say it isn't their problem and Sky are struggling to help.  Anyone out there with an idea of what I am doing wrong ?m   Geoff

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT landline SMS not working for me help needed !!

Hi @GEOFFJANET thanks for posting, is your landline with BT?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

No - unfortunately I'm on Sky Talk - but they have little expertise in this area.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@GEOFFJANET I'm sorry, unfortunately BT is unable to assist you as it appears that your landline service is not provided by us.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Many thanks - I had mistakenly believed that because it was a BT Text Service they could have helped.   The number 0845 602 1111  is perpetually engaged and it's hard to find out why.  Sky have very little or no knowledge of this service !

Kind regards

Geoff

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@GEOFFJANET No problem, I have done a Google search and it appears Sky may have its own version of a landline sms service. 0845 602 1111 is the BT text number that relays the texts over the BT network, this is not a number you're meant to ring. I don't know if Sky use the same number but as they provide your landline service it is up to them to provide you with support.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Many thanks Neil

Oddly, I only found out about that number about a month ago when my Ebay texts weren't arriving and I discovered that I could recover them from there.   The Sky advisors I spoke to were not really aware of the texting system, let alone nuances !  Strangely Ebay aren't either - they wanted to send me a text to help sort out this problem, which of course I can't retrieve.   Sky will be giving me  a call tomorrow and I will ask them about their texting number.

I hope that Sky aren't treating it as a legacy system - I can't imagine so but ............

Kind regards

Geoff

0 Ratings