Message 1 of 5

Caller ID

Over 14 days ago Caller ID suddenly stopped working. I have subsequently talked on at least 6 occasions to a call centre in India who all assured me that the problem would be sorted in 24 hours. This has never happened. Yesterday I was put on to some manager who asked me what else did they want me to do when it obviously can’t be fixed! My 84 yr old mum lives here and this phone is her lifeline as she doesn’t go out. She will not answer a call that says “incoming call” only and this is what every call says. She is frustrated by this but not as much as I am. Any help appreciated! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller ID

Hi @lmill03 I'm really sorry to see your caller display has stopped working. If you dial *234# from your landline do you get a message saying Caller identities will be displayed?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Neil, 

This has turned into such a saga … all through this when I press *234# it says the service is active. So at least 3 times they’ve stopped the service then said try in 24 hrs and it will work. This has not worked. Then they said it was an external fault and 2 engineers were working day and night to fix it. They obvs didn’t work very hard cos it’s still not working. I got an email last night saying they’d stopped the service and now the message says the service is unavailable. I really don’t know where to go from here 😞 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@lmill03 I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team. Caller display faults are usually caused by faulty equipment in the exchange and as you've found out can be a real pain to get sorted.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Neil, I’ve sent the info in private message 

Linda 

0 Ratings