cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT landline not available to Sky users

Go to solution

I have BT landline for a short while back in June we tried to go to Sky with a good package . Unfortunately they had major problems trying to upgrade our broadband so we eventually went back to BT for landline and broadband . Since then I have now found that anyone with a Sky landline or mobile are unable to get through.to our landline . They keep getting message line unavailable or line doesn't exist . I have spoken to both BT and Sky neither of them able to sort the problem . Open reach checked our socket and phone and the street hub and say no problem . Sky say phone line was successfully moved back to BT . Where do I go now any help would be great as at 77 and with a husband with severe dementia I cannot cope with the stress this is causing me as not everyone knows my mobile number 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT landline not available to Sky users

Go to solution

Two possibilities, both number portability, if your ‘new’ BT line was a Digital Voice line , and the phone is plugged into the router, there does seem to be an issue , primarily with Sky customers not being able to get through, the second, your line is a regular PSTN line , the phone plugged into the regular phone sockets , not the broadband router , that could be a regular number portability issue , but as both as both companies are involved in number portability,  one usually ‘blames’ the other, and you get nowhere fast.
As BT are your provider, the onus is on them , but if the issue is within the Sky network, obviously other telecommunications companies can advise them but ultimately Sky have to do something , but it may not be Sky that have the issue

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @katlev22,

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to get your line working the way that it should be.

It does sound like your number hasn't been correctly ported over from your previous supplier. I don't want to speculate as it could be another reason. We need to look into this for you and do our best to help you. I'm sending you a private message which you can reply back privately to me and my team on. It may take us 1-2 working days to get back to you but we will do everything we can to help you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @katlev22 ,

Thanks for letting me know we got this sorted. For the benefit of the community the number wasn't fully ported from the previous provided and it took a few attempts to get that fully resolved.

Cheers

David