cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT4600 phone set up

How can I unmute all my saved numbers as I cannot dial out on some, as soon as I unmute the number I can use it or is it the phone itself that needs unmuting if so how do I do it 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT4600 phone set up

No idea what you're referring to?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I was dialing out and getting the engaged tone but I found that if I dialed the number or used speed dial or numbers saved in the phone book and at the same time pressed mute/unmute the next time I dialed it it would connect, seems strange to me also. I also cannot understand how they all became muted 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

"Mute" simply disconnects the microphone when on a call, you cannot mute a contact. So something odd going on there. Maybe try powering down the base & handsets for half an hour & try again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, when you say power down do you literally mean unplug from the wall. Thanks for your patience 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Unplug the base from the mains & maybe remove the batteries from the handset(s) for good measure.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I have tried your suggestion but no joy 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Just a thought but are you actually unable to dial out? Could it be that what you think is an engaged signail is actually the1571 service alerting you to a voicemail?

Message 9 of 9

No, I am not able to dial out, there are just a couple of numbers that will work on speed dial 

I have set up the old phones and still cannot dial out so I must assume it’s the line set up, I will contact the supplier 

0 Ratings