cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT8600 quad set and digital voice?

Go to solution

Good afternoon, I'm due to have fttp and digital voice installed next week.

At present my phone base station is connected to the bt master socket and the other phones 3 handsets are wireless. Will I require a digital adapter to plug the base station into, or can I just plug the base station into the new router green phone socket?

AND,

Will the existing wireless handsets still work as normal without further digital adaptors?

Thanks in advance

Archie

"Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT8600 quad set and digital voice?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Archie2wrote:

1) Will I require a digital adapter to plug the base station into, or can I just plug the base station into the new router green phone socket?

2) Will the existing wireless handsets still work as normal without further digital adaptors?

Hi @Archie2 

1) Your choice completely, they both do exactly the same. Use a digital adapter only if you want the base station in a different place to the router.

2) There is absolutely no change from your existing set up. Wireless handsets connect to your BT8600 base station. Wireless handsets don’t even have a cable that connects to a digital adapter.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thank-you, I now understand how it will be setup. Will my contact numbers,stored in the base set, still be available?
Archie
"Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were forced to live off food and water for weeks." -Ernest Hemingway
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Archie2   The one and only thing that will change, is your base station will plug into the router or digital adapter. Absolutely nothing else will change including your contacts stored on your BT8600 system.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank-you once again, I appreciate your help.

Archie.

0 Ratings