cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Base failure?

Go to solution

I have a BT6510 Nuisance call blocker phone with two handsets.  The answering machine part failed some months ago and I did not buy a new base immediately.  Now I cannot use the phone at all, and am getting a message: "No link to base.  Please check base."  Do I need just a new base, or a whole new set-up? I am concerned that if I buy a new set-up it will shortly be superseded by Digital Voice.  

Pamela

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Base failure?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@pamela11 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have you tried turning off the power to the base unit for about two minutes?

When you are moved to BT Digital Voice, you can still use any existing phone system you have, as there is a phone socket on the Smart Hub 2.

You also get free handset(s) which connect to the home hub, but these do not have any useful call blocking features, and rely on BT Call Protect. They have no answering machine and rely on voicemail, which is not always convenient.

You are unlikely to be able to get a replacement base unit for the  BT6510 without resorting to Ebay.

If you still want a full functioning call blocking phone and answerphone, then I would suggest the BT4600 as a replacement system. This is 100% effective in blocking unwanted calls.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Unfortunately most of these DECT sets are designed to only be reset from a working, connected handset. So no help in this scenario.

There's several used examples on Ebay currently for around £15 delivered. So that's a relatively cheap option & would gain you another handset. Even if you can but a new base as a spare part, it would no doubt be significantly more expensive.

As already said, they won't become obsolete with DV.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I had forgotten to try turning off the base unit, but when I did that worked.  I have now ordered a new base unit on eBay to get the answering machine back.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply.

0 Ratings