cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Being moved to Digital Voice - what are my options

Sigh, broadband is available without voice if you so wish and is £5/m cheaper so no, you are not paying twice.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Sigh, broadband is available without voice if you so wish and is £5/m cheaper so no, you are not paying twice.

There was no such option given to me for the upgrade process..

I feel so sorry for all of the elderly folk who just own a simple landline. They are going to be in such a confused state when they pull the plug on copper here.

--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

As a septuagenarian, I take great exception to those folk that think we are all doolally and get confused by technology and can't use a simple phone system.

BT have actually made the changeover to VOIP far easier with their implementation.

If you already have a cordless system, you now just have new handsets and use those instead. If you have a corded phone, instead of plugging it into a master socket you plug it into the same type of socket at the rear of the hub. If you wish to keep your existing cordless system, just plug the base station into the phone socket at the rear of the hub rather than the master socket. What could be simpler?

Message 14 of 18

@licquoricewrote:

You clearly have no idea of BT's customer base, over 90% of which I suspect have no interest whatsoever in using anything other than the simple plug and play option provided.

I'd tend to agree with this, nobody I know is using their own router, I'm actually beginning to think I'm doing something wrong by reading on here at times by happily working away with the BT supplied router

Message 15 of 18

If you already have a cordless system, you now just have new handsets and use those instead. If you have a corded phone, instead of plugging it into a master socket you plug it into the same type of socket at the rear of the hub. If you wish to keep your existing cordless system, just plug the base station into the phone socket at the rear of the hub rather than the master socket. What could be simpler?

Wow - really?

Some of the answers on here are so far from the truth, it's beyond silly! I'm not surprised though, the bias is strong on here.

You're deluded if you think this whole situation is simple..

If you read my first post, you'll know why I can't plug the phone in to the router..

--
Message 16 of 18

I'd tend to agree with this, nobody I know is using their own router

Oh right, so because of that, you think that hardly anyone uses their own third-party router? Some of the replies on here are laughable!

The first two main factors of the Smart Hub; WiFi signal is inferior to the one I currently own. The WiFi speeds are also slower than my own one in various parts of the house.

NAT loopback always enabled, can't configure it for certain aspects of my home network. Limited on port forwarding on some ports. Simple home-networking options cannot be done on the Smart Hub, so it doesn't make it very "smart"

When an Openreach guy was here last year, fixing an issue, he asked me where my Smart Hub was situated. I told him that use my own. He wasn't surprised by this and said he understood. 

Anyway, I'm done here. Of course, you'll stick up for BT, even though it's a complete cluster**** of a situation, and the replies you'll get are ones of a patronising tone. 

"We mustn't say anything bad about them on here"

--
Message 17 of 18

@Mapantz wrote:

Wow - really?

Yes really

Some of the answers on here are so far from the truth, it's beyond silly! I'm not surprised though, the bias is strong on here.

Point out exactly which answers are far from the truth

You're deluded if you think this whole situation is simple..

If you read my first post, you'll know why I can't plug the phone in to the router..

If you read my post you would have read the sentence BT have actually made the changeover to VOIP far easier with their implementation.

Which part of that did you not understand?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Ok guys.

I'm locking this thread as it's getting a little out of hand.

Cheers

David