cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Bereavement Service disconnected the wrong account and can't reconnect it for three weeks!

My Grandmother passed away last week and when my Mother contacted BT Bereavement Service on Tuesday they accidentally disconnected her landline and internet instead of her late Mother's. They then helped her open a new contract with them but failed to inform her that her new package could not be connected for three weeks! She spent a huge amount of time on the phone on Tuesday trying to get this sorted out to no avail.

I rang up on Tuesday and was told it was being dealt with. I rang back again today and after being passed around for over an hour I was told that it could be referred as a wellfare matter and speeded up. I was told that someone would contact me with a time frame. I have not yet been contacted. 

This is absolutely ridiculous! My Mother has been without a landline or internet connection for two days so far whilst trying to deal with coroners and an inquest. I can't believe how difficult and stressful this is! BT have messed up so badly and seem unable to rectify the problem. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bereavement Service disconnected the wrong account and can't reconnect it for three weeks!

I have asked a moderator to assist.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Bereavement Service disconnected the wrong account and can't reconnect it for three weeks!

Hi @LucyPrimrose I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm sure this is the last thing that your family needed at the moment.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help in any way we can.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings