cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Blacklist setting & security

Having gone over to digital voice, we lost all of our security settings, which I’d spent the best part of 5 years setting up! Not realising this would happen I hadn’t taken any screenshots…

Anyway, I *thought* I had set up security so if a number showed on the display, but wasn’t on the VIP list is would NOT go through, yet today someone got straight through… These are the current settings. What am I doing wrong please?

B7F8DF6B-6B86-4AED-8C08-64259EA630D4.jpeg

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Blacklist setting & security

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Re: CALL BLOCKER NOT WORKING: Blacklist setting & security

I really could do with some help on this please! We are paying for call blocker and it’s not blocking calls!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

BT Call Protect is free, but its not that effective at blocking unwanted calls, as their numbers keep on changing, so calls will still get through. You would need to use a call blocking phone to stop all unwanted calls.

I cannot see anything about a VIP list on your screenshot.

Perhaps another forum member can advise?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Thanks but this isn’t really this issue!

we had it set up fine for 5 years but I can’t see why numbers are now getting through 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

I wouldn’t be providing my VIP list - they are personal numbers.

However the number in question was displayed (not withheld) and ‘unrecognised’ therefore I would expect from the setting in the screenshot for it not to get through?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Sorry, I do not use Call Protect, so I am not sure what you mean.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Still getting scam calls coming through to my mum's line even though I've set up BT call blocker. This is now since January when we finally got the digital line sorted out. 

PLEASE! Anyone got any ideas what I've done wrong and why all these scam calls are getting through please. She had a conversation with someone trying to scam her over care costs earlier this week and its only a matter of time before she gets caught out... We are paying for this service and it simply isn't working!

Do not disturb on (for out of hours)Do not disturb on (for out of hours)

Blacklisted numbers go to voicemail. Only other type to RECEIVE is withheld numbers (ie hospital).Blacklisted numbers go to voicemail. Only other type to RECEIVE is withheld numbers (ie hospital).

All calls listed are new scam numbers. All got through!All calls listed are new scam numbers. All got through!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

I have no idea why you are persisting in a system that uses blacklisting. It's never going to work, the volume of numbers to blacklist is infinite. The only sensible option is a whitelisting system whereby only whitelisted numbers get through, other numbers have to announce themselves before getting through which scammers never do.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Rather than battling BT's software I'd suggest cancelling that & purchasing a Truecall blocker. They cost around £100 with a £20pa subscription after the first year. There is also a more "secure" version which may be more suitable for your mum but that's another £30.