cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: CALL BLOCKER NOT WORKING: Blacklist setting & security

Only a call blocking phone can stop spam calls, by only allowing certain numbers to get through.

Message 12 of 17

@licquorice I don't want to rely on blacklisting! The BT system worked extremely successfully until November 2022 and has only failed since my mum's line went digital. The call blocker filters calls before needing to blacklist. However the call blocker hasn't worked since we went digital.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I was happy with how this worked until Nov 22 when we went digital. I would like to get the system we are paying for working!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I don't believe this to be correct. We are paying BT extra for these features which are not connected with the handsets.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

@sallypoo 

The reply button on a post doesn't actually reply to that specific post. So unless you tag who you're responding to or quote their post, your posts have no context.

Message 16 of 17

@Keith_Beddoe  I was happy with how this worked until Nov 22 when we went digital. I would like to get the system we are paying for working!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@sallypoo 

I am not aware of the BT network call blocker, however it may have relied on the way calls were routed to the old analogue PSTN exchanges, and that may no longer apply to BT Digital Voice.

No network software is going to be able to stop spam calls, but if the BT network call blocker has the ability to only allow specific calls to be passed to the customer, i.e. a "whitelist" of numbers, then it should work.

I suspect however, that while it always allows VIP callers to get through, it relies on its own "blacklist" of numbers to reject the rest, so its never going to be 100% effective.

0 Ratings