cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Block All Number Except Contacts

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I have Digital Voice setup at my Nan's house. She has Dementia and is prone to scam phone calls. I want her to still to be able to get calls from family and call out but that is it. I don't want anyone else to be able to call the number. 

Previously, when I had a copper line to the house, we used BT Call Guardian that did great to stop the scam callers. However, since switching to Digital Voice, the blacklist is pointless. We're getting hit with mutiple spam callers every day and I can't be there all day to catch them. 

When I signed up to digital voice, the BT sales rep assured me it was just as good as BT Call Guardian. However, in our experience that is absolutely not the case. 

I've tried locking down the settings as much as possible on the handset itself as well as the web based managment interface but have had no joy. 

Is there any way I can only allow contacts to be able to call in? 

Thanks,

Reece

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Block All Number Except Contacts

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@ReeceR2023 

Only BT Call Guardian can do that.

If you still have the phones with BT Call Guardian, then you can plug the base unit into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, and they will work just as they did before.

The BT Digital handsets do not have that facility.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You could divert all incoming calls to a BT mobile and set that to only allow calls from starred contacts, this is a free service to DV customers but only when using a BT (and presumably now EE ???) phone

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Cheers mate. That’s worked perfectly.
0 Ratings