cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Broadband upgrade

For the last few weeks I've been getting text and email messages about broadband and voice changes (sample below)
However, I have no idea what this is and to what line I have it relates to ( I have a few in different places) nor have I received anything .
Is there any contact via email that can be  used to find out what this is as the messages give no clue about anything (no names or account numbers).
I cannot find any email address.
thanks,

Trevor
20231120 BT Txt messages.png20231124 BT message about homehub.png

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband upgrade

You would appear to have been moved to Digital Voice, information can be found here https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@sohouk 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150, and they may be able to identify which line it relates to.

Wherever it is, a BT Smart Hub 2 would have been delivered and any existing phone service would need to be moved over to it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for that link. That would seem to be the thing they are talking about.
Not too sure if I need to do anything but will see if any contact email comes up in this forum.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@sohoukwrote:
Not too sure if I need to do anything but will see if any contact email comes up in this forum.

Have you connected the Smart Hub 2? otherwise you'll have no phone service
The message states connect the hub

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for the response. I do realize this is largely customers sharing this forum and its a shame that BT direct people here when there is no answer on their on-line offerings. I am sure everyone has better things to do so I am grateful.
Nothing has been delivered as far as I am aware although other response seem to indicate this is something called BT Voice.
My original query was partly wondering what it was but mainly seeing if anyone has an email address to find out what line this referred to as it makes no mention of a number or account reference anywhere.
It seems odd that a company focused on 'communications' makes it so difficult to 'communicate' with them!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I do not know what a Smart Hub 2 is  so no I have not had anything.
The various messages indicate 'something' would be delivered, but nothing has been received as far as I know.
Its a bit difficult to pin down as I have no idea what line they are referring to as there is no account of telephone number.
I was looking for an email address for BT help but can't seem to find one.
Maybe I should write them a letter 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

No need for a letter, I've asked a passing forum moderator to get in touch with you, they are BT employees and much quicker than a letter will take.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for that - much appreciated.
The last time I had a problem (about 3-years ago) the only option was a letter to the Chairman's office which took up a lot of their time and resources.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

If you have more than 1 line are you a business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings