cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 179

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

Another call from a scammer this morning.

01727326XXX

Using BT 1572 got the usual "The number is unrecognisable" 

So had to logon to MyBT and Add the Number manually to my personal blocklist

When I do get unsolicited calls I always google it........

This number is operated by Twilio Ireland Limited and is primarily associated with an energy scam activity. While its dialling code associates it with St Albans, England, it utilises VoIP technology. As a result, the actual location of the caller cannot be determined.

The overall user rating for this number is Negative . The number 01727 326 XXX has been looked up 116 times, leading to 10 user comments that have helped form a clearer picture of the caller's intent.

Given VoIP now, it is impossible to locate scam callers so BT should, as I've said before, allow you to block "unrecognisable call"

We live in hope.

0 Ratings
Message 172 of 179

I am having the same problem - I get calls purporting to be from, say, Microsoft about a problem on a computer, but when I go into Call Protect to block the number the call isn't in the list of received calls.

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 179

Hi Paul,

Then you have to add the number manually to call protect when it is not shown in the "Last Number" list. 

Often, the scam numbers are what BT describe as  "unrecognisable", in which case, you can still add them manually to the Call Protect List. 

Hope this helps.

Message 174 of 179

Interesting that My BT online and Lloyds Bank online are experiencing problems both since 7am

Reason I know this is because I got another scam call this morning at 9:15. 
I used 1572 from my phone for  BT to tell me "we are experiencing technical issues, Goodbye"

However, I was able to logon to MyBT and add the last caller (which was not in the recent calls list) to my personal block list.

There was a BT message on the screen that my personal details could not be retrieved at the moment.

MichaelB007_0-1725269322819.png
Lloyds Bank problems

MichaelB007_1-1725269398736.png

I know that BT are paramount in controlling the Internet from their server farm in London.

Is this, I wonder,  a Monday morning thing..... 

0 Ratings
Message 175 of 179

Hi @MichaelB007 @PaulBrownsey 

Thanks for letting us know. 

I have sent you a private message for some details. 

Leanne.

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 179

Hi All, 

In the continuing absence of anything coming from BT about this I just wanted to say that of the last 10 calls I have received Call Protect did not register 7 of them. I was able to manually add them to my Blocklist which is a faff but I suppose better than nothing.

Clearly the scammers are finding ways to avoid detection by facilities like Call Protect but I do wonder why, if I can block them, why does Call Protect not detect them?

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 179

Hi swatty,

Just tried to reply to you but BT rejected my post as, wait for it, "SPAM".

Couldn't make that up..

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 179

Basically, got private messages from BT and responded (privately) on 03 Sept regarding Call Protect issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 179

It's been good for a few weeks for me, then this week missing call again

0 Ratings