cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: Call Sign - notice of withdrawal

@tinman9898 - Well done for trying. I don't understand why BT are withdrawing the feature so early, I find that quite unforgiveable. I can only assume that it's because they can't wait to make more money from charging people for a second line! Obviously the second line would not have the distinct 'single ring' of the current feature, which is a major drawback.

Call Sign is still referenced in a few places on BT's website, including the Calling Features User Guide. There is nothing on BT.com about it being withdrawn.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Well Call Sign number still appears to be working even though the last communication from BT said it would be switched off on 30th September.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

@jamesrbutler Mine is still working as well. Too much trouble for the exchanges to deactivate it, I suppose. The numbers will probably be allocated to other subscribers as primary numbers in due course and then we'll lose it. It's definitely no longer available for new supply, anyway. I wonder if Ringback will also go? It's not mentioned on the Digital Voice Calling Features page. Call Sign might be niche but Ringback is a damn useful feature, used by many people. The triple ring is no longer strictly needed, as Caller Display tells you if the call is a Ringback. Perhaps someone with the new telephone service would be kind enough to confirm if Ringback works on Digital Voice, please?

Incidentally, I notice from the above link that BT have recently introduced a sneaky charge for Call Barring on Digital Voice, having previously boasted that all digital features will be free. The charge amount is anyone's guess. It's not given in either said link or the residential tariff guide.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

@jamesrbutler - Update: Mine has now gone. Someone at BT probably saw your post! Well done.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 28

@Tim123 Within the link you gave in post #23 it states that call baring is chargeable:

Some features are available on Digital Voice for an additional charge:

Call Barring”

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

@David500 - I know. I've been checking that link on a fairly regular basis, and the part about Call Barring being chargeable on Digital Voice was only recently added (I think within the last 4 to 6 weeks). That, and the fact that BT are not being transparent about what the charge actually is, was my point. What was yours?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

@Tim123 I miss read your post and thought the link didn’t say that call barring wasn’t chargeable not that it didn’t state the cost.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Not only has Call Sign and second number disappeared from my account but I can now no longer make or receive calls on the main DDI number. BT automated tests say it is working and I have a dial tone but two online chats and two support desk calls and still not found a single person at BT support who knows Call Sign exists. Someone from BT please tell some staff there as I do not expect to loose a home phone number I have had for 20 years.

0 Ratings