Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Caller ID not working with Digital Voice Adapter

Got it, will report back
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

You do not want to know what happened next.  BT really fouled up and have scrambled my hub

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

It should have just reset the dect base and then you would have to pair devices again.  If it didn't work the a factory reset will probably clear any problems

Did you try CS and see if you can get a free DV phone as there are setting which you need a DV phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

May be solved. 

And the story has been complicated and I'm going to give it 24 hours before I really claim it's fully solved but I can confirm one thing:   Caller ID does work through a Digital Voice Adapter.  Have tried both our mobiles through it and both show identified.

More to follow

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

@Stevek1311wrote:

You do not want to know what happened next.  BT really fouled up and have scrambled my hub

So I take that 'really fouled up' back.  So here's the long story (and Keith it does somewhat bring into doubt that DVA via DECT position)

Long Story (skip down for short story)

1. Earlier this week (Tuesday IIRC) I contacted BT Tech chat to ask them if they knew if Digital Voice Adapters supported Caller ID and why mine wasn't 
  2. They couldn't do either but assured me they knew the problem and would fix it in 24 hours
  3. They didn't
  4. So I chased them up today.  15 minutes into the chat (mostly all that proving I am me nonsense) they appear to have without warning run a diagnostic on the hub
  5. And that cut off our phone and internet, wonderful
  6. So I hot spot through the phone and get back to them
  7. 90 minutes of trying this, that, whatever incl soft and hard factory resets of the hub and we're getting nowhere.    
  8. Interestingly they suggested at one point my BT meshnet discs were too near.  So I turned them off and still no joy.  Then they said they were too far away.
  9. Eventually they say got to call an engineer out and we end the chat
  10. a few minutes tick by and then I have a brainwave (I'm not totally dim you know)
  11. I also have a Netgear Wifi extender set to same WiFi net name (long story as to why) I turn it off, run another factory reset and EVERYTHING STARTS WORKING, yes even Caller ID through the DVA
  12. Still got to reconnect the BT Discs so not marking this as the solution yet

Short Story:  Digital Voice Adapters cannot cope with WiFi network clashes and such can also completely scramble the hub if it is remotely reset by BT

Which of course is puzzling if the DVA connects over DECT

And why didn't a BT person just post that Caller ID does work over the DVA?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Didn't even get to try the BT Discs before it failed again

Experiments are suggesting the DVA cannot work reliably near any WiFi transmitter.  Not proven yet

The Digital Voice Adapter user guide  identifies no such restriction (see page 7)

However it does confirm the operating frequency is 1881.792–1897.344MHz at max power 19.9dBm so it very much is in the DECT band 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

An update (if anyone is still interested)

I tried everything short of changing supplier (really don't want to do that), reset the hub all sorts of ways, disconnected and reconnected the Digital Voice Adapter, turned discs and repeaters off,  even placing the Digital Voice Adapter right next to the hub produced a one off successful Caller ID and then never again

So back again today to the tech helpline who did say ' I can see you have Caller Display active on the account and Digital Voice adapter does support the caller display, it that works intermittently, the connection from the Hub to the Phone might get interrupted and causing that'

Which implies either faulty hub or DVA but despite that they say they are sending me a digital voice phone set.

So I'm not able to mark a solution or really resolve the actual question.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

So a final update.

I gave up and when asked by BT, left a Reevoo review of the DVA saying 'Either I had a faulty one or (more likely) the design is flawed.'

And after some weeks, BT replied to the review.  Have a read, certainly well less than a denial that the DVA design is a pile of rubbish.

https://mark.reevoo.com/reevoomark/en-GB/product?page=3&review_id=33695177&sku=G4Z7&trkref=BT0#revie...

But then they did send me a free Digital Voice phone.  And that needs a thread of its own.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Well I've read this whole thread and have to say that my experience matches it well - the DV-ADAPTER is definitely flawed.  I bought one and received a replacement (because it didn't ring 3 different phones) and neither delivered CLI other than on the odd and random occasion. I've tried it near to and well away from the Smarthub2, with WiFi on and off, but it never delivered CLI reliably.

The lack of ringing is fixed by using a micro filter (see other threads for  DVA not ringing problems) and I don’t need CLI so I can live with its defects.  But defective it is.