cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can’t receive some incoming calls to landline

We recently changed from Virgin to BT and have just found out that calls from Virgin numbers to our BT landline are not getting through - they get the unobtainable tone from their end.  However we are getting calls from BT landline and mobile numbers.  There is no problem calling any other providers from our landline, just incoming ones.

I have spoken to the BT call centre and they didn’t seem to know what to do as they ran a test and it was fine from their end.  A fault has been raised and someone is coming out on Tuesday, however from what I read on other threads here it could be a problem with the porting of the number?  In which case would an engineer coming out to the house be able to help?!  

If anyone else has had this problem, what was the solution please?  

The online fault reporting function doesn’t give me the opportunity to put that it’s only SOME incoming calls that can’t get through.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can’t receive some incoming calls to landline

are you on digital voice?  if so does appear to be a porting problem so try FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if the can help.  if you get diverted to CS as line busy then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, no, it’s a traditional landline as we still had a telephone line connected.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

As we are not on digital voice, is there any other avenues we could pursue before the engineer comes out on Thursday?  I’m really not sure its something they will be able to correct as the line is working, just not for incoming calls from Virgin?

Is there a moderator that could look into this at all please for me?  

Thank you. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

if only recently moved from virgin to BT you would normally be on digital voice  did you get a new phone from BT or is your existing phone connected to the SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

It is connected to the original landline as a member of the household has a emergency pendant and being on digital voice meant that when the electricity goes off the pendant doesn’t work, so we were reconnected to the original landline that we had before moving to virgin.  Using the same telephone we had on virgin.  (Sorry don’t know what SH2 is?)

I see that other people have had the same problem in the past on here and a moderator seemed to have sorted it out for them in the end, although of course they might have been on digital voice. 😬

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@DanielS 

As a moderator are you able to help at all please? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi, @RMM48 I'm really sorry about the problems you're having with Virgin numbers calling your landline. As all other calls can get through it might be a number port issue. 

I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings