cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Cannot order a BT Voice Adapter

Go to solution

BT are switching me to Digital Voice.  Last week they sent me a Smart Hub 2 router to allow this, which I fitted Sunday and Broadband is working OK.  A BT SMS said the Digital Voice service was now ready to use and I should plug my Landline into the back of the new router.

However the router is not in a convenient position for my landline answerphone.  I've read BT will send you a free adapter to wirelessly connect such landline devices from elsewhere in the house. 

However, the supposed link to get one bt.com/DVequipment redirects to an EE page which takes your Landline number and does nothing upon accepting it.

The other option, texting ADAPTER to 61998 also also brings no response.

How are users supposed to get such an adapter?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot order a BT Voice Adapter

Go to solution

if your DV is now active then try phoning CS 03301234150 and ask for an adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, which I will try when I have to time to do battle with the phones.

But why is my question marked as solved already?  I haven't even tried CS yet, and surely a solution would be that advertised links & SMS numbers work to order one, not giving up and calling BT as a last resort?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

There is ‘right’  to get a free anything from BT , and it’s possible, much like the ‘free’ DV phones , that at some point the freebie’s come to an end ( although there is no evidence of this )

FWIW , many providers that supply telephony , do so by IP telephony ( so phone connected to the ISP router ) and in time they all will , none of those supply any extra equipment, so if the customer has some local rearranging to do , that’s up to them, personally I think BT made a rod for their own back offering free equipment , no plaudits for supplying this kit , and criticism when they stop doing so , or if this free equipment becomes faulty.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I completely agree that those signing up to new voice services have to buy equipment to run on it.  But when the rug is pulled under existing Landline customer's feet, and there are no benefits to them I can see (it fails with internet/router or power failure so is less dependable; confusion for older non-tech users) then I think it's only fair the Telecom company who is saving the cash by switching off the old system, to cough-up for at least the transitional problem costs.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Your existing phone will work just fine connected to the router, the ‘problem’ is the router isn’t where you want your  ( presumably corded ) phone to be sited …..as I said , if you were ( for example) a customer of Vodafone or Sky , no ‘adapters’ or free phones are supplied.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Well as I said, it's BT who've made these changes for their benefit and not their customers', who as stated now get a less reliable service than before.  Some people keep their landlines for emergency use as it would 'always work' even in a power cut.  Well, not any more, and I think this may hasten the demise of home landlines.  I think comparisons with what you'd face if moving to a rival don't apply as these loyal customers haven't moved; BT moved on them and so it's only fair that BT should shoulder a small cost for their corporate saving on landline infrastructure.

However, I am pleased to say that the text message request as in my original post has, bizarrely, just been answered over half a day later with a response that the adapter will be sent to my address.  So it does work, but after a curious delay.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Roy12345 

The changes affect all phone customers on all providers.

https://landlinesgo.digital/