cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Confusion between BT and EE services, charges, bills

I tried to tell you a fortnight ago that you've bought the WRONG PHONE. You didn't want to listen.

You were told 3 days ago that Digital Voice doesn't support text messaging. You didn't want to listen.

You were told again at 19:38 in this thread, yet at 20:04 you complain that you can't send a text message!

I can certainly see why @licquorice mentions trolling...

Message 12 of 15

I think the reason why I have had trouble with the new phone and its User Guide, is that the phone which has been replaced by the new Advanced phone is one I have used for a great many years (and I still use as an extension phone along with two others). I have had them for over 30 years. As far as I know they do not have features which are not necessarily available for use.  I suppose this is an aspect of modern phones and phone services which has developed more recently (and continue to change). Apart from these old (you might say ancient) phones my experience has only been with multi-function mobile phones (which are almost like tiny PCs -- mine have had Android OS apart from my first one which ran on Windows OS).  So for me the User Guide was somewhat misleading. I will now take it that the fact that features are explained and illustrated in the Guide, does not mean they are available in my particular 'version' of the phone or the services which I might or might not be able to access with it. If I had  known this from the start it might have prevent some of the confusion I experienced.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

What I'm struggling with most, & you've so far declined to answer, is why you bought this phone in the first place?

When you move to DV you are entitled to one free phone with Amazon's Alexa or two more basic ones. These are specifically designed to work with DV & would cost you nothing. If you weren't offered them you need to call BT to request whichever option you'd prefer.

It's probably too late to return the analogue phone now though but check the T&Cs.

As has been said numerous times, the manual isn't "wrong" & you don't have a peculiar "version". You simply bought an device designed & specified for use on an analogue line, before Digital Voice existed.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

You need to understand the difference between a device user guide and the various services it can be used with.

User guides are written for devices that can be used with many services, the manufacturer doesn't know which provider and service it will be used with so has to list all the features that the device supports regardless of whether the service does or not.

This is exactly the same for many devices. My mobile phone has the facility for WiFi and 4G calling, but I can't use it with my current provider as they don't offer the service currently.

Broadband routers need to be configured to suit the requirements of the ISP, not all features are necessarily available but will be described in the user guide.

Etc, etc

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Yes, I think I understand now, as I stated above.  Patient explanations are appreciated, by this 80 year old. I have not seen any offer of free phone(s), if I had I would not have spent my money buying one! I expect it is too late now. I chose the phone because it was on offer, seemed good value, and had some features like the Answering Machine which I wanted. Afterwards I got confused by the User Guide and its information  on features which my phone does not have. It would have helped if the different ''versions'' of the Advanced Phone were named / numbered or whatever, and a clear statement provided along the lines that not all of the Advanced Phones have all of the features. I would then have started checking what it did / did not have at the outset. So far I am satisfied with the phone as it is. I did not particularly want Messaging for example, as I have it on my Mobile, elderly Tablet and my PC. I just wanted to be clear about whether or not it was available, if required at some point.

0 Ratings