cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

DIGITAL VOICE BACK UPS OF CONTACTS

Go to solution

I managed to back up my Digital Voice contacts on the BT Home Hub by exporting them to a folder I created on my desktop but am not sure how to put them back on the Home Hub if my router is taken back to factory default.  I know the file has to be imported to the Home Hub, but that does not seem to work.  

Hoping someone out there can help me with this.   

Also I know and understand the vcf file should be opened with Notepad but I am having a problem with trying to get  Notepad set up on my new laptop.  Is there a quick way of setting this up?

Best

GCMA

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: DIGITAL VOICE BACK UPS OF CONTACTS

Go to solution
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@GCMA 

On the same screen as you export then you import them which I've just done so can't see why it doesn't work for you.

I exported the contacts, deleted one of them on all my phones and then browsed for the exported file & them imported it and that "deleted" contact was restored.

Surely Notepad is just part of Windows so nothing special needs doing but ant editor will work like Notepad++ which I use.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@GCMA

if you read the FAQ posted by @jac_95  that covers many posts from the forum and hopefully answers your questions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.