cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

DV caused big issues anyone get this

Ever since i went DV its like my line doesnt exist.. i went digital voice in march switching from sky to bt. Whole migration was a nightmare took 7 weeks for sky to update Ordi but its like still not right. I get this issue despite having a landline 

Screenshot_20220524-222352_Edge.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: DV caused big issues anyone get this

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@samtheaspie 

This has been covered before  and is well known that it does not work if you have digital voice.  I reported this probably about 2yrs ago now and it still does not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@imjolly so is it also linked to as to why i cant switch to other isps as freely as i once could neither. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The broadband checker relies upon a BT phone line. When you were moved to DV it uses the Internet to make calls and as a result it appears to the broadband checker that you do not have a BT phone line and the broadband checker will not work using the phone number. If you use your address to check it will give you the results for your address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I get that as well.

I think that 24 hours they refer to is just a random number that someone clutched out of the air in desperation,  it's never worked for me since I got FTTP which was some years ago now.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Does being a Sky or Talk Talk customer restrict the ease of switching providers, because LLU phone numbers are not recognised by the wholesale checker site , so being a DV customer ( even if the phone number were initially a PSTN number that is now DV ) is the same as customers of Sky and Talk Talk , in that the phone number entry won’t work , but the address based one’s will, if you argue being on DV and being unable to use the phone number option on the DSL checker makes switching provider difficult  , presumably you would also agree being a Sky or Talk Talk customer also does.

The 24 hour period is simply a recognition that new PSTN (WLR ) provides may take a day to appear , and not simply a random number .

If someone is FTTP they are not on ‘DSL ‘  , so why would they want to check their phone number  on a DSL checker ?, it’s not like there is any variation in the connection speed paid for and the connection speed provided ( FTTP sync speed doesn’t vary due to ‘line length etc’ ) , BT  FTTC customers on DV , can still use the address option on the checker  same as LLU customers on FTTC have always had to use the address option, seems to me an equivalence between LLU and DV on non FTTP service.

Message 8 of 8

It wouldnt be so bad if the smart hub 2 wasnt such a diabolic peace of s***. 

0 Ratings