cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Phone not ringing or receiving callS

Moved to BT 5 weeks ago and landline upgraded to digital phone. The phone has never worked can make calls out but it does not ring and callers just get permanently engaged tone. Have spent 6 hours on my mobile talking to advisors ( a different one every time) and had a three and a half hour on line chat but all to no avail. Two days ago Open Reach engineer came but said it was  a BT problem not theirs. Have had several emails telling me my problem has been fixed - it hasn’t and if no solution available I need to change provider.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Phone not ringing or receiving callS

@Hetchells 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

This is a common porting issue where some incoming routes are missing.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 8

@Hetchells thanks for posting, I'm really sorry the issue with your incoming calls has not been resolved. As @Keith_Beddoe mentioned it sounds like a typical number port issue. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and we'll be happy to help.

Neil

Message 4 of 8

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you so much. This is my first experience with the Community so hope I am doing this correctly, does private message go directly to my email?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Hetchells Look at the top right of your Community screen, there should be a (1) over that envelope! Click on that.

Message 7 of 8

👍🏻 Thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Hetchells it should be with you now.

0 Ratings