cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Digital Phone

@susanj15 

if you feel unable to simply move a cable from one socket to another are you able to get a relative or neighbour to try moving the cable as I suggested?  if not you need to phone CS 03301234150 and report phone fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 24

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We have someone coming to stay soon I could ask them. I can do other stuff but don't want to mess with my phone etc. Susan J.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

It really is very simple to unplug the phone cable from the adapter and plug it into the green socket on the back of the SH2. There's nothing to be afraid of and no chance of doing any damage to anything. You can reverse the process at any time without a problem.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Yes just remember to squeeze gently the springy plastic tab on the side when pulling the plug out of the socket. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Much of the help does not seem to recognising the lady consumer may well be unfamiliar with the jargon used, and was in a situation of simply plugging the (presmably) dect phone master base into the BT phone socket and voila, tellephony worked. Then along comes proprietaty BT DV replacement, that is quite different, let alone uses more power ( £ energy costs) to do the same as was but in a more coplicated way - not of any benifit to a consumer victim of badly handled change and or communication.
FOr support do put yourselves in the shoes of the customer and understand what needs doing in term they understand, when looking to help, we don't all have the same level of understanding or abreviations.

Susan I hope it is sorted, if not reach out again and or contact BT customer service and hopefully they can talk you through the new way of having to do things.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Well, firstly, it’s not more complicated.  You plug the phone into the Smart Hub instead of the wall phone socket and everything works just as it did before.  The only remotely complicated thing is that you might need to relocate the phone base station, so it’s close enough to the Smart Hub, and then turn the Smart Hub off and on again afterwards.

Secondly, what’s unclear about move the phone plug from the wall socket to green socket on the back of the Smart Hub router?

I can understand the OP’s reluctance to do this if she is unfamiliar with tech and I do sympathise, but let’s not get carried away.  It’s not complicated, as such, and to make out it is, is just unnecessarily seeding fear for other users that have this coming up.  Consequently, your post doesn’t help anyone.

Message 17 of 24

Let's face it removing that BT 431 plug isn't that difficult but often replacing it into similar sockets with a spring loaded shutter is more difficult. I realise that this is not the case here where both SH2 and DV adapter sockets require just simply a push fit and click into place.

I'd be more concerned, if I were Jean? if I was asked to put the BT phone plug into the old Master socket or extension sockets that had a shutter to push away at the same time. Very often these might be very low down on one's wall or skirting boards requiring bending and seeing what is going on.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Thank you for all your suggestions and hard work trying to help me.. Our wiring is a bit complicated as out modem is on one shelf, our base phone on another and the sockets, digital adapter in a lower cupboard with all the wiring 'threaded' down the back of the shelves.
hence the reluctance to start moving equipment. 
I'll probably contact BT as I tried their onl;lne chat yesterday to no avail again.
Best wishes, Susan J.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Thank you for all your suggestions and hard work trying to help me.. Our wiring is a bit complicated as out modem is on one shelf, our base phone on another and the sockets, digital adapter in a lower cupboard with all the wiring 'threaded' down the back of the shelves.
Best wishes, Susan J.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Best wishes, Susan J.

0 Ratings