cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Digital Voice Call Charges

Oh, can one cancel DV with BT? I thought cancelling it also cancels the broadband. We have a number that I'd like to migrate to a different provider, to separate from DV, but I didn't think it was possible without losing access to the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@Edinburgh-wg

Cancelling phone service does indeed cancel broadband but you should be able to take a new broadband only contract.

Porting a number is another matter entirely though, that seems to have been deliberately made as difficult as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@Edinburgh-wg 

you are right currently you cannot cancel DV without cancelling your existing broadband and phone contract.  you would need to port your phone number to a VOIP provider first which would terminate your existing contract.  hopefully you could negotiate a new contract and avoid termination charges.

The sooner BT realise this is something customers want and set up a system which allows terminating DV without ending existing contract the better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 14

I thought so.

Then you should stop encouraging the customer to just cancel the DV without telling them about the consequences of doing that.

0 Ratings