cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice Contacts Export - MEDLODY field?

Just had my phone line migrated to DV today.  I've been playing with Contacts and trying to automate the import process from other sources.  As part of my investigation I entered a few contacts manually and did an export from the SH2.  Couldn't help noticing that there's field in each vCard output called MEDLODY.  I can't help but think that this should be MELODY (something to do with ringtone perhaps?).  Which makes me wonder if you export and subsequently import, what happens?  Maybe the MEDLODY field doesn't work if you do that.  I'm going to try and automate the vcf file generation for import so knowing what it should be is important.

If it's not meant to be MELODY, can some explain what it is?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice Contacts Export - MEDLODY field?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks.  I find it bizarre though.  It IS the field that changes the ringtone but what does MEDLODY mean (it's not a word or acronym I've ever heard)?  It's not a standard vCard property as defined for vCard 4.0.

I have tested it though.  If you import a vCard with MEDLODY:n (I tried 5), it does indeed change the ringtone for the contact.  If you try and import a field called MELODY:5, it doesn't work - it defaults back to the "normal" ringtone i.e. 0.

The software engineer cynic in me still thinks it's a typo in the original vCard definition implemented in the hub, but in order for export and import to work to the same definition (especially with previously exported files), they've left it as MEDLODY.  But maybe that's just me.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It has to be a typo, can't think what else it could be.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

We need to ask someone who worked on the firmware/software for the SH2 and/or DV phones.
0 Ratings