cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Digital Voice Diversion

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have an advance phone. I'm going to try the *21* feature from my handset. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

@SteveEll   That will work.  It's only the facility to implement a diversion using the BT account online or the MyBT app that no longer works.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Being able to do it from the home phone does not help if you are out

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

@JonMace 

It does if you set it before you go out

Message 16 of 26

The call divert from the app or mybt has definitely disappeared. Possibly to stop people like me not using the BT hub setting up or changing call divert. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 17 of 26

@stevebrass 

That would seem a possibility, as if you want to have a BT Retail phone number, then you have to use the Smart Hub 2.

I expect there may have been a security/fraud issue identified as well, as without a SH2, it would be difficult to verify the origin of a call, as there would be no terminating equipment.

You could get your broadband service from another provider, and still get the free diverts, and BT would be unaware.

When BT Broadband Talk was available, BT has to eventually block unauthorised devices from making calls, like Android phones using SipDroid. They used to work to start with, after info became available.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

The App, allowed me to divert to my mobile and go out then if there was a time I could not take the calls while out I could cancel that and divert them somewhere else.

Not sure what having a SH2 connected has to do with is as the divert is done at the exchange so plug in the SH2 and phone divert unplug SH2 and plug your own router in, and leave it that way. If the divert is not at exchange lvl and at router lvl it would also make no difference as that would then confirm use of SH2

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

BT's instructions for Call Diversion still state (at https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-call-diversion-for-digital-voice  ) 

"You can use Call Diversion in the following ways: 

• Using a handset that has an in-built Digital Voice service. This is easily identifiable by the HD logo on the handsets. 
  • Logging into My BT
  • Via a handset plugged into the home Hub"
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

There are other problems with Call Diversion, specifically during a power cut:  https://bt-digital-voice.blogspot.com/p/call-diversion-during-power-cut.html

0 Ratings