cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice Migration Issue

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I decided to upgrade to full fibre and was informed that I would also be moved to digital voice. Tried to avoid to be honest but was told that I had to. Engineer came to connect full fibre and found an issue with getting the cable to my house so OpenReach had to do some digging but eventually the engineer came and installed it, removing the copper cabling so no phone line. Plugged phone into router - nothing. Engineer said to give until tomorrow.  Tomorrow comes and nothing. I should point out, I had no communication with BT about handsets, adapaters or anyhting else to do with digital voice - other than confirmation of my order at the time and an email to tell me what the engineer was coming to do.

I have now spoken to several people at BT. My original order it turns out was part cancelled - the digital voice part. No explanation, no communication. The engineer didn't know that otherwise I assume he would not have removed the copper line. I had to reorder digital voice and fight them to keep my number which I thought I'd won - not sure now. Was offered 2 free handsets.

Line wasn't active 2 days later (when it should have been). Spoke to them again.  My open order for digital voice was  closed over the weekend but the line still doesn't work, If you call it you get a continuous tone. 

No handsets (despite getting a text that the order had been passed to the warehouse) and there is no order in my account but I did get an adapter I didn't ask for and there is an order for that in my account. My router still says digital voice is not configured.

I am starting to lose my patience. Everyone is super helpful and apologetic and promises to do something but it is now a week and I still don't have a line. 

Any suggestions on who I need to get hold of to get this sorted once and for all. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice Migration Issue

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Magic_Torch 

You might have to restart the SmartHub to get DV activated , I think that's what worked for me.

Message 4 of 5

phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and they should be able to help

if you get diverted to CS as busy then hang up and try again bit later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for suggestion. I've tried that a couple of times but hub still says not configured.

Will try the number suggested

Thanks

0 Ratings