cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Voice - No incoming calls, except from one EE number.

Hi,

Looking for advice, We got forced to switch to digital voice and it's been a farce. So far…

1. June - was forced to choose a date to switch over

2. BT sent the hub to a two year out of date address

3. Informed them, they then send two to our correct address and threatened to charge me if I didn't send all three back, despite needing one for the switch over

4. July - Engineer came to fit new digital socket, engineer was 12 hours late, then told us that he couldn't put the cable over because of a tree and open reach would arrange tree surgeon

5. September - Six weeks later open reach turned up, told us that the tree wasn't a problem after all and put the cable up

6. Broadband worked straight away, no incoming calls on digital voice, EXCEPT one EE number can get through.

7. Phoned BT, said it would be fix three days later. Not fixed.

8.  Phoned BT a week later, said the hub may be faulty sent out (yet another) hub

9. October - The hub arrived, set up. No change

10. Phoned BT a week later, spent an hour on the phone going through every test. Guy on the phone said it would be fixed in the week, was with "back office".

11. A week later, still not fixed.

I'm at the end of my tether. Also the end of my contract. Looked at possible options to move to new BT contract. Go to the broadband deals page, see an offer for 300MB, 24 months, £39.99 for broadband and digital voice. Add to cart, price rises from £39.99 to £73.12. I don't understand why.

I can't believe the poor customer service. Can someone offer any help please? I am desperate, no one can offer any sort of solution or explanation. When I check the fault status on my account page, it says it's fixed.

Looking at other providers, and I can move to Sky for £31 for 500MB a month or Vodafone for £36 for 910MB.  Do BT just want to get rid of me by offering poor service and poor value? So frustrating.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Voice - No incoming calls, except from one EE number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I spent two hours on the phone to BT in Sunderland yesterday. The advisor was convinced that it was something to do with the junk voicemail feature on the line and took it off. Said everything would be fine this morning. Guess what… it still isn't fixed.

To add insult to injury, I mentioned the issue I was having with the price and said he was going to transfer me to someone who could help. Guess what… he didn't! The line went dead and after two hours that I will never get back, I am no further on.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @mistertibbs 

I'm sorry to hear that your issue still isn't fixed, and that the connection to your call was lost.

I recommend getting back in touch with our technical support team so they can continue with the diagnostics to try and fix the problem.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks. I have, several times on the web chat, four times on the phone. Each time I’m told how strange it is, but never seem to get it resolved. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I have got exactly the same issue since migration to DV a few weeks ago. Only EE mobile can reach my landline. No other mobile operator or landline. A 150 support lady from BT office could reach it. But I assume EE and BT internal phone network are somehow similar. I have only discovered it on Sunday 13th Oct. Have been on the call with 150 three times every day since.  Around an hour each time and no success. Lady today said she send it to TMC. No problem number is given. I have little hope it will be resolved any soon, to be honest.

Can anyone from BT give an assurance that anyone is looking into the problems?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @MattHml,

Welcome to the BT Community

I am sorry you are having an issue with your Digital Voice service. Once TMC pick this up to fix it, they should contact you with updates. Do you have your MyBT account setup and is your fault showing when you login? 

You can check using the Login and track button at the bottom of this page Report and track your BT problem | BT Help

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi Alex,

@Alex_H 

Thank you for getting back to me. No, it is not listed in the faults.
"There are no faults to display for this account."
Despite three times contacted 150 and one time run a bot via text to 61998. It looks like BT has got a number of separate systems for fault reporting and they are not interconnected. I would assume i would have a fault number first time I called and then every next engineer would examine what had been done and carry on. But it seems BT has a different ideas of incident management.
Is the fixing faults via chat as like doing dental work via mobile phone: only good to say hello, sorry and good buy? Or am I completely wrong?
With kind regards
Matt

0 Ratings