cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice Phone setup Issues - SOLUTION

On migration to Digital Voice, my corded phone worked fine both via a Digital Voice Adapter and when plugged directly into the BT Home Hub. However, my Panasonic cordless Quad set did not. No dial tone at all. Existing proven connecting phone leads were used, including the one for the corded phone. BT said issues had been noted with Panasonic devices and registered a fault. BT tests found no fault, so sent an engineer. He advised nothing more he could do. Phones may be incompatible & told me to contact Panasonic; or get a new phone. Panasonic said (1) contact BT for analogue to digital adapter (done that already); then (2) reset phone by removing all batteries and base station power, re-instate - after 15 minutes they may work. If not - phone incompatible, get a new set, but not from Panasonic as all work the same way.

Persevering I tried a Gigaset Double cordless set loaned to me - again with no success (nor dial tone) despite resetting base station & handsets. Troubleshooting further, guidance stipulated using the connecting lead provided. Using this, succeeded for Gigaset including all its normal functions. Furthermore, the Panasonic set worked fine too!

Gigaset describe the connecting lead as:

3-4 pin assignment of leads EURO CTR37

Unable to find this directly, but description of correct connector found as:

BT 431A (2,5) PLUG TO RJ11 6P2C TELEPHONE LINE CORD

Visually, the terminals on this lead have only a few cores in use:

Tony1515_0-1690901505278.jpeg

So, saved over £100 for new phones, no thanks to BT or Panasonic. If this solution is shared widely, it will potentially save many customers financially, prevent tonnes of perfectly good phones going to recycling/waste and even maintain Panasonic's involvement in the phone business.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice Phone setup Issues - SOLUTION

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

My Panasonic cordless phones worked straight away.  Unplugged from master socket, plugged into SH2 phone socket, no problems.

Useful tip for anyone experiencing problems though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The only likely explanation is that the cable was on its last legs & was finished off when you moved it. Unless you somehow mixed up cables during the move, there would not normally be any need to replace the cable as long as the original is used.

0 Ratings