Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: Digital Voice - Problems and questions

Go to solution

Tá Mo Ghuidé Grubhidé MoCharaáé

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
Message 32 of 34

Go to solution

Hi all,

I am going to have to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. 

It turns out, there isn't a time delay on the dial tone on DV, and the thing about dialing the numbers too quickly was also wrong.

It turns out, this doesn't happen when the telephone(S) is plugged directly into the back of the SH2. The dial tone comes just as quick as it did on PSTN, and it didn't matter how quickly I dialed the numbers. These only occurred when I was using the DV adapter.

This, I'm sure, makes more sense to many now, as the DV adapter is connected wirelessly, so obviously, there will be some delays. So it's probably best just to use the SH2 plug, and plug any extension sockets into there.

It also resolved a few other problems, such as when I got through to someone's voicemail, a bit would get cut off. Same when ringing BT services such as 17070, 123, and 1471. e.g. when "Welcome to the o2 messaging service ...", was meant to be played, all I heard through the DV adapter was "he o2 messaging service". and with 1471, instead of hearing "telephone number 028...", all I got was "ber 028090...".

As I say, this all makes sense to me now as obviously there will be a delay/cut-off with things going wirelessly, rather than plugged straight into the router.

Also worth noting, the call quality greatly improved when plugged into the SH2, even when I was using an old BT Converse 200, from 1996!

Thought this may be helpful to someone who may be having the same conundrum one day.

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

Go to solution

@rsmyth492 

Just that the DV adapter connects to SH2 using dect not wireless (WiFi)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 34 of 34

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Apologies!

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings