cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital Voice Switchover Date

Go to solution

What is the likely timescale for BT to inform me of the switch over date to Digital Voice after they sent me a letter informing me that my landline would be switching over to Digital Voice?

I'm already on Full Fibre 900 since May 2020 and already have a BT Smart Hub 2 sent to me last March 2022.

10th May 2023 I received a letter from BT to say that my telephone service would soon be switching to Digital Voice. The following day I received a post card from BT inviting me to order, free of charge, either a Digital Adapter or the new Advanced Phone with Alexa for BT Digital Voice. I chose the latter and it arrived 15th May.

I've heard nothing since so does anyone know how long I can expect to wait before I get a notification of the switchover date which I understand will come by email?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital Voice Switchover Date

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Don't quote me but I think the period from initial letter is around 4 weeks

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@jac95. Thank you, I’ll let you know what happens🤞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You were correct, my switchover happened 6th June, which was about 4 weeks after the initial notification letter.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Adrian007 and thanks to @jac_95 for the information.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Four weeks isn't enough notice for phone only customers, who may be elderly or less tech-savvy than broadband customers and will need more time to change their set-up or get someone to do it for them. I realise that phone-only customers have not yet started to be switched to Digital Voice, but I hope that when the time comes BT will be mindful of this and give two or three months' notice of the switch.