cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Digital Voice Switchover

@Bren146 

Your exchange Prestatyn is a FTTP priority exchange where a copper product stop sell applies 

Therefore you need to move to FTTP as that's now the only product providers can offer in your area

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/retiring-the-copper-network

So when you move to Digital Voice as you are in a FTTP priority area meaning only FTTP services are available (where also available at property level) 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

So, if I dispense with the landline and move to broadband only plan, can I delay the move to full fibre/

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@Bren146 

Afraid not, stop sell rules will apply for any changes such as upgrading to a different service or regrading as well as changing providers.

Meaning of you were to change to broadband only product or change from fibre 1 to fibre 2 as an example then you would need to move to FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

As already stated , if you don’t contact BT to arrange an appointment then you cannot be changed to FTTP , Openreach are not going to speculatively turn up unannounced and force you onto FTTP , so just don’t respond to the leaflet and any subsequent leaflets

Its possible at some point ( probably years away ) the refuseniks will be given an ultimatum to have FTTP or be disconnected ( and if that has already  happened somewhere, I’m sure it would have been in all over the ‘news’ ) so just ignore the leaflet .

As you appear to want DV , and the PSTN switch off is no later than  Jan 2027 presumably you will be migrated to DV at a date of BT chosing, if you still are on FTTC when that date arrives you will receive DV via FTTC ,  by not responding to the FTTP installation invitation it may or may not change the date BT will offer , obviously if BT have plans for your particular local exchange to be switched off before Jan2027 , then the ultimatum may be before Jan 2027 

0 Ratings