cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Digital voice switchover

Go to solution

I need to find out when my mother is likely to be switched to Digital Voice so that she can decide whether to buy a new phone now or wait until the switchover and buy a digital home phone, which hopefully would give her better sound quality.

The so called 'helpline' given for Digital Voice doesn't actually include an option that relates to it, so I have no idea how I can ask the question (or, indeed, ask for help should we ever need it!).

I appreciate it might be difficult to give an exact date, but is there any way I can find out a rough timescale?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Digital voice switchover

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

the switch over is controlled by openreach and your mother will get about 2 weeks notice before it happens.  in some cases it takes even longer after notification.  you can continue to use existing phone by just connecting to socket on back of the SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, but there must be a rough schedule somewhere. I just want to find out if it's likely to be in the next month (I'm guessing not, as presumably she would have heard by now?), in the next six months or not until the end of the year.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

There is nobody on this forum that can give you any idea of timescales.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

this is the last publicised openreach tranche 14

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9726-28-more-openreach-exchanges-added-to-fttp-priority-programm...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks! All Dutch to me, but thank you for trying. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
0 Ratings