cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Digital Voice adapter won't pair with my Hub

Go to solution

My DV is activated and I then bought a Voice Adapter.  I can't get the adapter to pair with my Hub.  Am I doing something wrong.  I press the pair button on the hub, then press and hold for 6 seconds the pair button on the adapter - light starts to flash green more quickly as it should.  I am still holding the pair button on the hub but have released as requested the pair on the adapter as it says to only hold for 6 seconds.  The light flashes green for a while and then reverts to the slow green flash - so isn't paired. It's supposed to be solid green if it is paired.  I have also tried it by releasing the Hub pair button once the light is flashing a faster green, but still no luck.  Can someone help me as I can't see what else I can do

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Digital Voice adapter won't pair with my Hub

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

@GlenwoodIt could possibly be a dud, BT will supply one of these free or a DV phone. As you have bought one and not received a free one from BT it would be worth contacting them and asking for a DV phone rather than an adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

have you tried connecting adapter to socket near the hub then going into hub manager , select phone number and then see if you can 'see' adapter then pair adapter that way   if it pairs then just move adapter to socket which you intend to use - always possible that adapter is to far from hub for dect connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Thank you- good advice
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I've been informed DV will be upon us; in the meantime I need to prepare/confirm the BT DV phone adapter will link to routers (netgear) other than BT SH2. Given the adapter relies on WPS should I assume no issue ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

The adapter connects to hub using DECT not WiFi so will not connect to different router. You need the SH2 connected to enable you to get DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

I'm afraid what you state is wrong. 

The DV Adapter User guide states it uses WPS to pair. Once 'paired' it can be moved elsewhere in the home....As this is WiFi it's no longer unique to SH2. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

You are wrong

The WPS has a dual function with SH2 it connects WiFi devices but when being used for DV then it connects using DECT.  You connect the adapter to hub using DECT and once connected you can plug into convenient power socket and then connect an existing old style phone

There are numerous posts on forum about adapter connecting using dect

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Whilst the adapters are Bluetooth and DECT I believe they are BTs own version and will only pair with the hub.

0 Ratings